Welcome to the Cambridge Centre for Applied Research in Human Trafficking on line. We facilitate multi-agency, cross departmental and inter and intra university research efforts to respond to the multiple challenges of Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery in all its global and local realizations. Recently UK news channels have announced that ‘Trafficking is a much greater problem in the UK than previously thought’. This is undoubtedly true from the perspective of how it has been operationalised against and how enforcement and multi agency reponses have been resourced in country. However CCARHT has been presenting data, and in-house reports arguing for a much deeper sustained and resourced response to Trafficking since its inception in 2007. What is true in the UK, is true internationally. Human Trafficking is a global human rights violation and extremely lucrative criminalised activity. It requires all disciplines to be involved in understanding its ‘performance’ and ‘recovery’ of those caught within its systems. It also requires a whole systems response – which CCARHT offers as a part of the analytical framework which we bring to this twenty first global challenge.
Each year we hold a Summer Symposium to which NGO practitioners, policy makers, policing specialists, academics, faith and business leaders are invited. Across the year we facilitate and organise training – particular in relation to building multi agency capacities to respond to what has been called by the former Director of the UNODC a ‘Hydra Headed Monster’.
Across these pages you will find resources to enrich your own research on the multiple, multi-disciplinary and systemic challenges of Human Trafficking. If you would like to be involved in the further development of our hub, participate in a Symposium, or hold in co-operation with CCARHT a symposia within your own organisation, country or institution – do be in contact. We look forward to hearing from you.
Summer Symposium 2017
Cambridge Counter Trafficking Summer School and Senior Symposium
On these pages you will be able to
- Explore in greater detail a range of resources available for understanding Human Trafficking as it is being practiced today
- Lock in with other practitioners and academics who are investigating and through enhanced understanding developing tools to challenge the multiple pathways which Human Trafficking undermines our societies and the lives of those who are trafficked
- Follow news gleaned from across the world on the latest developments emerging from our range of associated centres, academics and practioners
- Connect with our network on face book, linked-in and twitter
- Submit your academy’s resources or publications for review and hosting
- Discover a range of conferences, events and webinars which are available to enhance your own and your organisation’s understanding about Human Trafficking and emerging best practice in response
- Become part of a growing network of those who are informed and able to raise responsibly their national response to Human Trafficking in the context of an international community of expertise.Are you a professional, academic or NGO practitioner working on countering Human Trafficking ? why not connect with our LINKED-in NETWORK on Human Trafficking Centre